Many of you already know what a Sailfish OS ambience is. To put it very simply, it is the mood of the user interfacea chosen photo. In addition to being the wallpaper of the lock screen when you double tap the device open, it also sets the general mood and colors used everywhere in the device. With Sailfish OS ambiences you can customize the sounds associated it . Thus, it is definitely something that truly matters in the whole user experience.
In Sailfish OS there are a number of pre-selected ambiences, whichpre-installed in the devices, both in the smartphone and in the future. Additionally we include selected photos in the image gallery for ambience options, or just for your viewing pleasure. Here a few examples that we use in the Jolla Tablet demo devices:
Campaign: ew ambience/gallery photos from our community
We are now planning and designing new ambiences and gallery images mainly for the Jolla Tablet – some of these might be used for the Jolla smartphone as well.is your chance to be part of this. Submit your photo(s) and you might get featured in official Jolla product !
Jolla’s Design Team will review all the submitted photos and handpick a number of them to be featured on the Jolla Tablet, and possibly on the Jolla smartphone. We will also show all our favorite pics (that) in the Jolla Blog.
Procedure for entering
The simple steps for the Jolla Ambience Photo Campaign are:
- Take a photo (or photos) or choose your favorite(s) from your existing photos. The shots we should represent a mood/emotion, such as work, party, sport, happy, etc. You can define what the mood is. You can submit several entries, but please don’t overdo it – quality matters here!
- The chosen photo(s) should have a minimum size of 2048×2048 px. If your image is larger, it can be either portrait or landscape – in the end it needs to work both ways. You can use whatever equipment you have to take the photos.
- Read and understand the terms and conditions found here.
- Go here and fill in the required information to the fields
- The chosen photos will be showcased and credited first in the Jolla blog when the campaign ends, and later in the actual Jolla products. We’ll also publish our favorite photos that the actual product.
The Jolla Ambience Photo Campaign is open from April 15 to May 15, 2015.
Now get your photo gear, and find the perfect shot. We can’t wait to see what yougot!
Entry images are not limited to pictures taken with the camera. They can be digital forms/re-creations of artworks, paintings, drawings, vector designs etc. All the rules still apply: you should have ownership and rights of the artwork to licence it under CC BY 4.0.