The new Sailfish OS update Aaslakkajärvi is now available for all Jolla and Sailfish OS users! As previously the update was first available as an early access release for more advanced users. If you’re interested in joining this group, read more here.
In this update we introduce several very useful and handy new features to basic apps such as the browser, email, and calendar, and many other improvements related e.g. to memory handling and software updating.
Highlights of Aaslakkajärvi:
- Browser: private browsing mode is now available. Choose ‘Private browsing’ in the pulldown menu of the tab view of the browser.
- Email: search emails by keyword via the pulldown menu in Mail app
- Email: you can now select and mark multiple emails as read/unread
- Phone: view phone number of a contact in the call log via tap-and-hold on the call log entry.
- Memory: notification on file system getting full in Events view indicating that some data should be moved out from the phone. You can see a detailed view on the memory usage by tapping on the memory info in settings – system – about product.
- Better OS update handling: OS upgrade notifications update automatically in case there is a newer OS version available
- Better OS update handling: Filesystem optimizations prior to installing OS updates in the future.
For more detailed information on the update go here.
In our previous update post we informed that due to Facebook’s API changes we lost most of the FB functionalities in Sailfish OS. We are glad to inform that all FB functionalities, except instant messaging and contact sync, are now working. Simply re-login to Facebook and the functionalities should work again (also with the previous software version). We are looking into the missing functionalities, and hoping to add them as well soon.
We hope you enjoy this update! We have some bigger exciting changes already in the pipeline, and coming soon your way. Stay tuned!
On behalf of the whole Jolla team,